Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
Passive Skills are always active, unlike Active Skills. In Lineage 2: Revolution, passive skills mainly comprise of buffs, equipment mastery and job-specific passives that apply temporary effects when triggered. All passive skills, except your racial passive, can be upgraded using Skill Points(SP) and Adena.
Racial Passive Skill Bonuses[edit | edit source]
Racial passives are fixed at level 1 and cannot be upgraded by any means. They provide a minor stat boost and improve growth rate in certain stats when you level up. Each of the four playable races has their own passive skill.
- Elven Potential - Evasion, Speed and M. Atk.
- Dwarven Potential - Bonuses to P. Def. and Max HP
- Human Potential - Bonuses to P.Atk and Crit. Resist
- Dark Elves Potential - Accuracy and Crit Rate
Equipment Mastery[edit | edit source]
The type of equipment mastery available is dependent on which base class your character belongs to. Weapon masteries improve your attack when using certain weapons, while armor masteries improve your stats when wearing armor optimal for your class. The stats provided differ for each class and is applied once for each piece of armor that matches, up to a maximum of 4 times for 4 pieces of armor.
There are three base classes in the game: Warrior, Rogue and Mystic. Each of these classes has a specific optimal weapon and armor for them, as indicated by the masteries available in their skill page. It is possible to equip weapons or armor from other classes, however doing so will disable the corresponding equipment mastery passive. Some classes are proficient in more than one weapon. In those cases, an additional mastery will be unlocked after completing your job advancement, allowing improved focus on one specific weapon type.
Weapon Mastery[edit | edit source]
- Warrior Weapon Mastery - Increases Atk. when a Sword and Shield, Polearm or Dual Swords is equipped.
- Rogue Weapon Mastery - Increases Atk. when a Dagger or Bow is equipped.
- Mage Weapon Mastery - Increases Atk. when a Staff is equipped.
Advanced Weapon Mastery
These are only available to certain jobs after advancement and will further boost proficiency in a single weapon type.
- Dual Sword Mastery - Further increases Atk. when Dual Swords is equipped.
- Spear Mastery - Further increases Atk when a spear is equipped
Armor Mastery[edit | edit source]
- Heavy Armor Mastery (Warrior) - Increases Defense when Heavy Armor is equipped. The effect stacks up to 4 times.
- Light Armor Mastery (Rogue) - Increases Evasion Rate when Light Armor is equipped. This effect stacks up to 4 times.
- Robe Mastery (Mystic) - Increases Attack Damage when Robe-armor is equipped. This effect stacks up to 4 times.
Personal Buffs[edit | edit source]
Buffs can be as simple as a straight stat increase, or they can also require certain conditions to benefit from it.
These buffs tend to be unique to one job and can strongly influence how to unlock a character's full potential. For example if your passive improves damage only when the enemy is bleeding, then applying a bleed first before casting other abilities would maximize the damage output. Or if you have passives that trigger after critical strikes, rerolling substats to stack more Crit. rate will cause enable you to benefit from the passive more often. Some examples include:
- Sneak (Treasure Hunter) - Decreases cooldown of skills (delay 6 seconds) and increases Atk. for 3 seconds upon dodging.
- Rapid Anger (Plains Walker) - Increase attack speed and movement speed depend on number of hits (stack up to 10). If not attacked within 5 seconds, Buff will disappear.
- Critical Power (Abyss Walker) - Increases Critical Damage and Attack Power on Bleeding enemies.
- Seek Blood (Abyss Walker) - Reduce the target's defense and critical resistance on targets with less than 50% HP
Region-wide Buffs[edit | edit source]
After completing your job advancement, most jobs will have one passive skill that boosts stats for yourself and all party members in the same map as you. Unlike buffs from active skills, passive buff effects do not expire; they persist as long as the party members are in the same map. These buffs will be reflected as an increase in CP while it is active.
- Attack Aura - Increases the Atk of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide
- Defense Aura - Increases the Def. of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide.
- Boost HP - Increases the Max HP of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide
- Quick Step - Increases the Speed of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide.
- Guidance - Increases the Accuracy of you and your party members. this effect is region-wide
- Death Whisper - Spell howler passive
Chance Passives[edit | edit source]
As seen above, some passives only activate under certain conditions, such as getting hit by an attack or scoring a critical hit. Even then, the rate at which it is activated depends on the proc. rate indicated on the passive skill. That character's playstyle can be built around that activating that passive more often. Some examples are shown below:
- Esprit (Scavenger) - Has a chance to generate a buff that increase Critical Rate when successfully evaded.
- Swift (Silver Ranger) - Has a chance of generating a buff that increases Speed when a Crit. Atk. lands.
- Enhanced Drain (Shillien Knight) - Has a chance of generating a buff that absorb HP when attacked.
- Fever (Bladedancer) - Has a chance of generating a buff that increase Critical Damage when a Crit. Atk. lands.
- Lucky Pure Heal (Sage) - Has a chance of recovering HP of you and party members around you when attacked.
- Revenge (Warlord) - Has a chance of generating a buff that increases Atk when a Crit.Atk lands
On Hit Passives[edit | edit source]
Some passives only activate when attacked, but always occur.
- Heated Light Heal (Bishop) - When hit, MP is lost instead of part of the damage.